Saturday, October 25, 2008

the realization that I still don't know what I'm doing here.

In recent days, I've truly come to appreciate Isolation as an album. There's something about it that can enhance any situation, yet bring rationality to one's mind in the span of a 25 minute, 10 song masterpiece of Australian music. I also find that it is ironic that this album has kept me from feeling utterly isolated from everyone and everything lately.

I've been feeling really stable lately. I've gotten depressed and angry, but for the most part, I've tried to deal with it maturely, and I honestly believe that I have. However, that being said, I'm expecting a lot of neutrality and apathy in my actions in the future, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I suppose it's not fantastic either, but it could be far worse, in my eyes anyway.

I still can't shift the blame back onto stress or anxiety from school for when I feel strange, but at least I feel like I know the cause of my stability; my friends and my music, the two things I could not live without.

You never know, my cash coming in could buy me some temporary happiness, and I know exactly the first item I'm picking up; Isolation.

No comments: