Monday, October 5, 2009

send this smile over you.

There's something comforting about nerves playing up, after they wear down a bit. You realize that, while they may have been acting up due to an unwanted outcome, there is always the desired outcome that could be lost. And while sometimes that may make you more nervous than before, it can also calm you down.

Far be it from me to be offering optimistic points of view, but I'm feeling a bit of a change in my actions and my being, lately. The confidence associated with this change I'm experiencing is good, and a welcome change from the general neurosis and pessimism. I think most importantly, I'm experiencing some well-needed relatability from people outside of my casual group, which both gets me out of my comfort zone, as well as shows me I'm really not alone in who I am.

I think this is probably what Billy Corgan will feel like after he finally gets Dave Grohl and finishes his Nirvana collection. I don't know if Krist Novoselic is dead, but hey, neither does the rest of the world.

No comments: