Friday, September 5, 2008

remember me as a time of day.

So, I'm sitting here, Explosions in the Sky yet again playing over pleasant, reminiscent thoughts, and if such a thing was possible, nostalgic hopes for the future. My life is finally starting to be where I want it. I have my friends, some of the best people I'll ever meet, I have my music, I like someone, and it just seems like everything couldn't be better for me right now.

However, just because I'm thinking of the good times, doesn't mean there weren't bad times. And I think now is as good of a time as any to address these. So, I'm going to do something I've never done before: I'm going to apologise for all the immaturity, all the things I regret doing in my past. To those I've hurt, to those I've caused any inconvenience for, I'm sorry.

I was a pretty shit person to those who never even deserved it. Those who I felt never gave me the chance, so I never gave them a chance. The "eye for an eye" mentality doesn't work in the real world, I realize that now.

If I wanted people to remember me as a time of day, I'd want a summer's sunset, as it's pretty much the best point of the year ever. I don't want to be remembered as an overly hot, spring's day where hayfever does little more than irritate one to the point of anger.

With that, I'm going to bed. Let's see how everything stands when I get back.

No comments: